Friday 12 November 2010

Hiking in Hong Kong (Dragon's back)


Dragon's back

A sunny and clear day to go hiking... this time, it is the beautiful Dragon's back on the Eastern tip of Hong Kong Island. I met an Italian girl on my last outing who told me that this is a nice trail with beautiful scenery, so I signed up despite that I am quite tired from tangoing the night before.

The trail itself isn't too difficult but there are lots of steps (over 500) which I didn't expect. The coastal scenery is very beautiful (although a bit hazy, it's quite normal in Hong Kong these days), and we even suspected there was a mirage under the haze... Even though it's November, the weather is still warm here (around mid 20s) and it got quite breezy when we went up to the hill top.

I think the scenery of this trail is nicer than East Kowloon, I like seeing the lighthouses and Shek O village from the top, it almost reminds me of islands in Greece! Walking through the bamboo forest at the end was pretty cool too. The trail took less than 3 hours to complete, I would recommend it to visitors who want to enjoy Hong Kong's nature rather than its air-conditioned shopping malls.












A mansion overlooking the sea









Shek O




Stanley




Bamboo forest

No comments: