Saturday 31 July 2010

Pink Martini

I have been a big fan of Pink Martini since their 1st album, 'Sympathique', and I listen to them almost daily on my ipod! Now I am an even bigger fan after seeing them live at their only show in London this year!

The 12-member orchestra/ band was outstanding and mesmerizing! Multi-cultural, talented, witty, sophisticated but unpretentious... there is a kind of feel-good and nostalgic factor about them. Songs were sang in French, Portugese, Italian, Turkish and Arabic by China whose voice is amazing while pianist/ artistic director, Thomas is funny and skillful. I was surprised to see over half of the audiences being over 50 but very enthusiastic nonetheless, hence the atmosphere was fantastic!

I love the fact that there was no fancy fashion nor stage decoration, just a group of talented muscians who are passionate about music and different cultures. It probably was one of the most memerable concert I have ever been to!

My favourite album: 'Hang on little tomato' followed closely by 'Hey Eugene!'

My faourite songs: Hang on tomato, Hey Eugene!, Clementine, Ninna nanna, Una Notte A Napoli, Dosvedanya Mio Bombino, City of light, Sympathique

No comments: